Saturday, March 20, 2010

Answers within us

Why is it that when you stop looking for something you find it? It happens to me all the time...I finally decided to go on a mission and I met my husband (I never went on a mission), I give up looking for the remotes and then they show up, I buy a new pair of glasses and find my old ones. It seems that when you stop searching the truth is more easily accessible. Truth always comes out when I'm venting my problems to other people too, not always in their suggestions, but it seems to me that just the act of telling someone else what is going on helps me to figure out the solution. I've noticed the same things with friends who vent to me, not that my suggestions are helpful, but that in venting they come up with the solutions...sometimes it takes a few times to actually relate the details of your problem before the solution comes up, but it usually does. All this has led me to the conclusion that answers are within us. Once we stop searching then we are able to see what is right before us and the more we tell a problem the more we focus on it and then the answers will come. So what does that mean if all the answers are right before us? How is it possible to already know the solutions to our problems? In talking to a friend, she brought the answer clearly to my mind: Many of the prophets have seen our day -- Mormon, Nephi, Isaiah, etc. so if they were able to see our day and our problems and even see specific people (Jesus Christ, Columbus) why wouldn't we have been able to see our lives and what they could be like before we came to earth? And if we did, then somewhere inside of us is that knowledge, it is just blocked by a veil, but if we were able to cross through that veil, then we could find all the answers that we ever needed. However, it is not that simple. God works on a need to know basis. So we can only find the answers within in as it works with God's plan. Recently my husband listened to a talk on BYU and he told me that the person speaking told of his dilemma about grad school. The speaker said he had prayed about and never received a clear answer, and finally researched it out and decided that it was the best decision for him and went to grad school. Years later he looked back and saw how he was being led to the right answer without actually receiving it. We've recently encountered a similar problem, but as I've considered the options and I've talked about them with my husband it seems that the answer has been right before us. So trust in Heavenly Father, trust in your gut and know that as you make your decisions you are being guided by an unknown force...you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site stats

Background