Sunday, May 25, 2014

Change is good!!:)

When Chad and I were first married, we waned to be "newlyweds" forever!!:)  I remember anytime someone asked us how long we'd been married, we were just so giddy!!:)  And then something changed, I don't know what, but people don't ask us how long we've been married anymore, we aren't young newlyweds anymore and I was feeling sorry for myself.  Then I read Gift from the Sea, (I've already done a post on this amazing book) and now it makes sense why I can't be a newlywed anymore and why it is okay!!:)  She compares it to shells on the beach, but I think it really is just stages of life.  The newlywed stage is an amazing stage, full of new love and life, but it wasn't meant to last.  The stage of life I am in right now is a trying stage, but if our marriages don't have trials, then how can we grow?  We are building, building careers, families, raising children, busy.  We are devoted to each other, even if our time isn't always spent together.  I love this quote from the book, "Love is looking out together in the same direction, working outward."  If our love isn't growing then it must be withering away.  And I would say that my love is growing!!:)  I definitely love DH more today than ever before!:)  I love him for different reasons though, my love isn't just the infatuation, butterflies in the stomach love (although I have those too!:) I love him because he is so good to me, I love him because we sacrifice for each other, I love that he is so willing to serve me, but in turn I serve him too, we are equally yoked.  I love him because of who he is, not just how he makes me feel!:)

Another great quote from the book, "we shouldn't judge our relationships on how they used to be."  So I am now satisfied with my relationship!!:)  I don't need to be a newlywed anymore, because I'm not and that is okay!!:) I'd rather have my relationship growing than withering away, because honestly nothing ever stays the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site stats

Background